Are your children’s bedrooms crammed with too many toys. Drawers and cupboards overflowing with toys and games that are either broken, missing parts, too young for the child, too old for the child or simply toys they no longer play with?
Your child’s bedroom should be a relaxing haven for them to play, read and relax. Surrounded by the toys and books they both love and play with all the time. And when play is over and it’s time to tidy away the toys, calm order is restored as all the toys are easily put away.
Children find a cluttered room stressful. It is thought that children with fewer toys and an ordered room become more creative, develop a longer attention span, establish better social skills, and learn to take better care of things – to take ownership of their toys, to become more resourceful, more independent and to argue less with other siblings.
Typically how I work…
- Photo’s are taken, then all the toys are removed from the room and moved to a neutral space
- All the furniture is moved so the room can be thoroughly cleaned and then if appropriate repositioned to maximise space
- ‘Zones’ are identified, such as ‘Reading Corner’, ‘Lego Zone, ‘Dressing-up Zone’; and are worked into the design of the space
- Then all the clothes are sorted, removing items that no longer fit the child, or are past their best. The remaining items are then folded correctly and organised back into the cleaned furniture
- Fresh linen is put on the bed
- At this point the child is shown their room (a moment of pure joy x)
- In consultation, I work directly with the child, to decide what they want to keep and what they would like to let go
- Appropriate storage solutions are sought for the toys to be returned to the child’s bedroom
- Organising the recycling of toys and clothes to local Charities and Organisations
Having been a professional nanny, I know how to talk with children and I know how to listen. I do not tell the child what they can keep and what they should let go, it is entirely their decision - they will learn through my gentle questions, and observations, ‘how to let go’.
For the time I am with you, your little one will feel very special, I will create for that child a haven that they will want to spend time in; and take pride in keeping it tidy.
Read my Blog Post which explains in more detail how I actually Declutter and Organise the little ones How I Declutter A Child’s Bedroom
My service is bespoke, I can tailor it to suit your needs, so let me know how you think I could help.
Areas I work…
Stratford Upon Avon, Broadway, Chipping Campden, Cotswolds, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Henley in Arden, Warwickshire, and all villages in-between.
Get in touch so Diggory can help start you on the journey to a dee-cluttered life. Call Dee on 0770 104 7671 and let’s get a date in the diary!